Monday, April 23, 2007

Purple and Brown

Ever since the California Raisins hit the cartoon scene in the late 80's, I've been enthralled by claymation. I know it's a fairly simple process, but when it's done well it is utterly amazing. How is it that these hunks of clay can evoke so much emotion in people? This is a compilation of shorts from Aardman Animations (the guys who brought us Wallace and Gromit). It's just a series of short interactions between a purple blob of clay and a brown blob of clay. They don't even talk. They just laugh at all the crazy stuff that happens to them. If I ever get married, this is what I envision my marriage to be like. The jury is still out over whether I would be the brown blob or the purple blob in the relationship.

Thanks to Chuck for the link. -CH

No comments: