Friday, April 20, 2007

4/20- La Loma at Midtown Global Market


Well, since we're blogging about breakfast this morning I might as well join in.

I live in Midtown Exchange and often stop by the Global Market on my way out of the house. Sometimes I just need a diet Coke or a coffee, but I often get sucked into buying something I don't need because I'm too lazy to cook something in my apartment or something just looks (or smells) too delicious to pass up. Today was one of those days.

La Loma arguably has the best tamales in town, but their breakfasts are also incredible. And cheap. I usually go with the chilaquiles. If you get it without meat it's about 5 bucks and it's gianormous. In the eyes of the average gringo, chilaquiles has no business on a breakfast menu. It's tortilla chips cooked up with chicken broth until soggy and then smothered in salsa, chopped onion, sour cream, and cheese. In Mexico, that equals breakfast. And it is delicious.

As for the coffee, I like the mexicano. It's got cinnamon in it. It is, however, a little weak.

Overall, La Loma gets 7 eggs out of ten. By the time I realized I should be blogging about it, it was already gone, so I took a picture of the remnants. I always save the rice and beans for last so don't confuse my neurotic eating habits for distaste.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

sounds like a bad day for coffee in the cities.