Friday, April 20, 2007

4/20 - Dinkytowner Cafe


This morning I went to the Dinkytowner Cafe. It's been a regular breakfast spot of mine, so I figured that I would start this blog thing with something familiar.
The Dinkytowner is located in a basement, so it's difficult to tell what time it is, or how many college kids are walking by in their pajamas (is it so hard to put regular pants on? i mean, i know they're in college, but seriously, I put pants on before I leave the house, and so far I haven't had any problems).
The coffee was hot, but it's positive attributes ended there. I'm not sure the roaster of the beans, but think it's Johnny's Coffee Roasting and Tire Disposal. There was a definite hint of something.
I ordered the Tex-Mex, not only because of it's size (enormous), also because of it was on special. For a mere $6 US, i got enough food for the weekend. I found the Tex-Mex very tasty. The salsa was refreshing, with a hint of jalapeno at the end. The eggs (scrambled) were light and fluffy, the sausage was mildly spicy, the cheese was adequately melty. The only downfall was that the hash browns could have been cooked a little more.
Overall, I found my experience at the Dinkytowner pleasant. The service was excellent, the food satisfying, and although the coffee left much to be desired, it was plentiful. If there was a rating system for breakfasts, I would give the Dinkytowner 7 eggs out of 10.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A reliable source has informed me that the dinkytowner is now using REAL eggs in their scrambled eggs instead of those cartons o' egg liquid.

oneifbyland said...

during my visit to your fair city, i had breakfast at the dinkytowner. it was good. it was breakfast.